Purchase Ledger clerks or supervisors record every product and service your company buys – whether it’s an expensive IT investment or petty cash purchases – and keep tabs on the payment process using a clear reference and date system. The Purchase Ledger role generally assists the accounts department as necessary, providing any information required by the Finance Director.
A Purchase Ledger will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Process invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Assist in the preparation of purchase summaries
- Process business expense returns
- Cashbook and petty cash cheques
- Processing BACS payments and preparing cheques
If you are interested in a career within Purchase Ledger then please call today to discuss our current vacncies!