£35,000 - £45,000
Opal recruitment are looking for a talented Full-Stack Web Developer to join our clients expanding company and industry leading brand.
Is this you? Are you an ambitious, passionate individual with expert skills in PHP & the running of successful ecommerce websites? Are you confident in your ability to be the leader on all things ‘Back-End’ within this market leading company? If so, we want to hear from you now!
Purpose of Role:
The main purpose of this role is to build, configure, test and support all web-based systems and in-house technology for the company. This includes websites, ecommerce offerings and internal CRM systems. The role will also involve aggregating and analysing data and creating meaningful reports in line with business needs.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Systems Build & Development
- Development of front end (secondary) and back end (primary) of bespoke systems and software based on requirements provided, systems such as CRM, ecommerce & content websites, Magento, Sage, Infusionsoft, Peoplevox.
- QA testing of all new system builds or amends before system releases and go live activity to ensure design and development is fit for purpose.
- Providing remote support of all live systems, diagnosis, fixing of bugs or problems and application of fixes as appropriate.
Data Analysis & Reporting
- Providing data analysis and reporting in line with business needs, improving functionality for managers to self-serve where possible.
- Deliver Service Excellence and be there for our customers and each other supporting any channels we use to engage our customers, e.g. web, SMS, email.
Our ideal candidate will have worked with web analytics, tag management systems, payment gateways and any other of the important areas related to developing and running successful e-commerce websites.
- Expert in PHP
- Experience and evidence of LAMP skillset ((Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- In depth knowledge of SQL (MySQL or MSSQL)
- Good working knowledge of GIT
- UX and CX-focussed
- Evidence of coding various web development applications and integrating them successfully
- Knowledge of Unix, Bash script and server configuration is useful
- Ability to work with third party API’s and plug ins
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to talk with authority with other team members and clients
Experience in the following areas would be a distinct advantage but are not necessarily essential:
- Ecommerce platforms such as Magento 1 and/or 2, Shopify
- Experience in the use of Azure
- Experience of workflow management tools such as Grunt and Gulp
- A relevant IT/Web Development Qualification
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced, flexible environment
- A strong sense of urgency coupled with a "whatever-it-takes" attitude
- A strong technical and business aptitude
- Exceptional attention to detail while maintaining an overall understanding of the big picture
- Experience delivering projects in an agile environment (especially SCRUM)
If you have the desired skills and are looking for an exciting new challenge then please apply straight away!
We represent positions in the following disciplines: Accountancy, Audit, Taxation, Finance, HR, Insurance and Office Support. Please visit our website for further contact details. www.opalrecruitment.co.uk
You can also like us on facebook /Opalrecruitment
and follow us on twitter @OpalRecruituk for all our latest jobs opportunities and news
Click here to apply
Alternatively, just give us a call on 01924 669 409
Keywords: Web Developer, Web, IT, Internet, Developer