Transport Team Leader
£25,000 - £30,000 + £2,000 allowances
Opal Recruitment are looking for a Transport Control Team Leader for a very reputable client of ours based in Huddersfield. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to progress their career within a forward thinking company. Previous experience working with Transport Control/Logistics is essential for this position, ideally will also have supervisory experience.
The main purpose of the role will be to provide and out of hours stand-in and point of escalation contact for the Transport Control team in the absence of the main Management Team.
Salary £25,000 - £30,000 + allowances
Shift Pattern (Days/Nights/Weekends)
- Maintain shift rota's, arrange desk cover when required and delegate workload to ensure smooth running of the department
- Act as a point of escalation for customer's, team members and the Management team.
- Accountable for team performance on dropped loads, call handling and data collection.
- Ensure plans for the shift are executed effectively with minimal disruption and high levels of customer service are adhered to and upheld
- Provide out of hours cover for the Customer Service department upholding company standards without interrupting main function of the transport control department
- Ensure consistent customer communication with regards to deliveries
- Identify any training requirements and arrange subsequent training
- Participate in periodic performance reviews of new starters and existing team members alongside senior Management team
- Act as cover for Operations Supervisor
- Previous experience within Transport/Logistics industry is essential for this position, ideally previous Supervisory/Team Leader experience
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Be IT proficient, particularly in Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel)
- Problem solving skills
- Great attention to detail
If you maybe interested in this role please contact Emma at Opal Recruitment as soon as possible.
Please apply today to avoid disappointment.
We represent positions in the following disciplines: Accountancy, Audit, Taxation, Finance, HR, Insurance and Office Support. Please visit our website for further contact details. www.opalrecruitment.co.uk
You can also like us on facebook /Opalrecruitment and follow us on twitter @OpalRecruituk for all our latest jobs opportunities and news
Alternatively, just give us a call on 01924 669 409
Keywords: Transport, Logistics, Warehouse, Team Leader, Driver, Planning, Scheduling, Dispatch