£22,000 - £28,000 + £2,000 in allowances
Opal Recruitment are looking for a Transport Controller for a client of ours based in Huddersfield. This is an intrinsic role within the business which distributes products throughout Europe and the UK.
As Transport Controller you will have a direct responsibility for ensuring that delivery schedules are completed on time and in full.
Previous experience of dispatching and controlling work using planning software is essential for this role.
Salary £22,000 - £28,000 + Shift Allowance (Shift pattern across days, nights and weekends)
- Responsible for ensuring plans received from external customers are checked for errors and used to coordinate the driver during the shift to ensure schedules are implemented and completed safely.
- Advising drivers or any delays or changes
- Query resolution
- Liaising with field management team and Planning Supervisor to ensure all required resources are provided at the appropriate times and that downtime in resource in escalated and managed accordingly
- Assist with complaints and delivery queries
- Experience of working in 'just in time' road haulage environment
- CPC Holder (desirable)
- Confident and friendly telephone manner
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- GCSE Maths or equivalent at Grade C
If you maybe interested in this role please contact Emma at Opal Recruitment as soon as possible.
Please apply today to avoid disappointment.
We represent positions in the following disciplines: Accountancy, Audit, Taxation, Finance, HR, Insurance and Office Support. Please visit our website for further contact details. www.opalrecruitment.co.uk
You can also like us on facebook /Opalrecruitment and follow us on twitter @OpalRecruituk for all our latest jobs opportunities and news
Alternatively, just give us a call on 01924 669 409
Keywords: Transport, Logistics, Warehouse, Team Leader, Driver, Planning, Scheduling, Dispatch, Customer Service