30000 - 40000
Opal Recruitment are currently looking for an experienced IT manager for our client in Wakefield City Centre. This is a multi site organisantion therefore it is essential that the successful candidate holds a full Uk driving licence.
The IT Manager will be key in ensuring business continuity, efficient productivity, comprehensive security, and that the IT needs of the business are met as growth continues.
As such, the IT Manager will benefit from ongoing training and certification opportunities.
Reporting to the Group Digital Manager and Group Business Development Director, as IT Manager you will:
- Ensure that all client computers, network components (including printers) and telephones provide an effective and uninterrupted service to business operations, troubleshooting problems as they arise.
- Prioritise and perform hardware and software maintenance duties. Updating equipment / patching software as necessary.
- The business currently has one IT Support Assistant to support these duties which you will line manage.
- Utilise a ticketing system to provide technical assistance and advice.
- Liaise with external suppliers of hardware and telephone systems, and external software support. Purchase software licences and equipment.
- Manage the distribution of software licences, create users accounts, manage permissions, and provide access when appropriate. Ensure sufficiently strong passwords for systems are in place.
- Ensure firewall and anti-virus protection is in place. Implement appropriate spam filters.
- Ensure all business data is sufficiently secured and backed-up. Implementing business continuity, contingency and disaster recovery planning. Ensure appropriate logs are implemented.
- Be ultimately responsible for network security - finding and eliminating vulnerabilities.
- Help maintain web computers/servers and website security.
- Network cabling.
- Taking part in the network planning and the set-up of offices when acquired or built. Working to pre-determined timescales.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant and new legislation e.g. health and safety, data protection
- Develop and keep up-to-date appropriately detailed records and documentation.
- Assess risks and take appropriate precautions.
- Write system scripts to automate work.
- Propose and implement new IT initiatives to enhance business operations. Possible areas include implementing Windows Servers, a wide area network (WAN), Active Directory, virtualisation, cloud networking, remote networking etc, considering financial and resource constraints.
- A formal qualification or certification relating to IT and Networking or equivalent experience.
- A good knowledge of all aspects within an IT infrastructure.
- A good knowledge of Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems.
- Experience working with Windows Server, Active Directory and/or Exchange Server.
Alternatively, just give us a call on 01924 669 409